Sports Premium Update
Since the considerable increase in funding which was announced in 2017, a lot of investment is being made into sports teaching, provision and opportunities both inside and outside of school time. Please find a summary of what we have achieved so far:
- P.E. resources are in the process of being updated.
- Subscription to an extensive P.E. online portal for access to lesson plans, curriculum mapping and assessment tools.
- After school club opportunities for a variety of sports.
- Training is in place for P.E. Leadership and other staff responsible providing a legacy by improving the teaching of P.E. and encouraging active lifestyles.
To further encourage all children to take part in healthy exercise we are also providing:
- Continue to extend the range of clubs led by both staff and specialist teachers.
- Regular surveys and discussion with children to ensure their interests are catered for where possible.
- Outside agencies coming in to deliver teaching for children about healthy lifestyles.
- Ongoing discussion with other agencies to deliver regular opportunities for taster days and clubs to encourage children to keep active and healthy outside of school.
- 2013/14 = £8760 received
- 2014/15 = £7649 received
- 2015/16 £8450
Sports Premium 2014/2015 - New Sustainable All Weather Sports Pitch
We are very pleased that finally our new playground extension facility was been installed over the Autumn half term. This has been funded by Government sports funding, before-school-club donations and historical funds from sports clubs run by staff. It is a sustainable all weather permeable asphalt pitch and has extended the play ground to allow more games to take place in break time, as well as giving us a permanent facility for tennis, basketball and football. The impact this will have on the whole school will be tremendous, with a decrease in behavioural incidences, learning focus will improve in class, as well as all pupils being given opportunities in sport that were previously unobtainable due to our lack of facilities. The old playground has also has the sport pitch lines re-done and new fun games markings have been provided. The fun markings were selected with the help of the children in the School Council and funded by the Friends. We hope that this permanent sustainable facility will benefit children now and in many years to come. By using the sports funding strategically we have been able to provide our children and future generations of children with an all weather sports facility.
In addition we used Sports Premium money 2014/2015 was spent on training our new PE Co-ordinator, and a Fencing Club, which we operated free-of-charge. We also have ran and continue to run a variety of sporting clubs that are open to children of different ages. Including a gym club, tennis club and hockey club. Sports participation has increased with more children have more opportunity to partake in a sport they would not have had the opportunity to before.
In addition to this the children in Class 1 were given the choice to pick a topic in the 2015 winter term, and they choose Healthy Eating. While the children study healthy eating in class this is complimented through exercise and play on the new playing pitch.